So I don’t know how it works in other countries but in the UK after a good night out, there is nothing like a good old doner kebab on the way home. Sometimes though you may just fancy one for dinner but they are so full of fat it may put you off.
So here is a recipe for a much healthier home made one! This is a Slimming World recipe and I have made it recently. It is absolutely yummy and tastes like the take away version but with less salty and fatty after taste!
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pitta bread
- Sauce of your choice
- 500g extra lean lamb mince (you can use beef if you want)
- Combine all the dry ingredients
- Add to the mince and pound and knead until all the air pockets have gone and it becomes a smooth mixture
- Shape into a loaf shape and place on a baking tray (on a wire rack preferably) and put in the over at 180 degrees C for an hour. Make sure you turn over half way through cooking
- Remove from the oven and wrap in tin foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Warm pitta bread and prepare salad
- Unwrap meat and slice into thin slices and add to pitta with salad, serve with sauce of your choice